As some of my readers are saying that my blog is too technical, I have decided to talk about something more general. Since I am a huge fan of cinema and a Transformers freak I will just write a simple preview for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, a Michael Bay film which will be out on June 24th 2009. Transformers have been a cartoon that have a special attachment to me ever since I was a kid. I still kept most of the toys that my parents bought for me then (Thanks mum & dad!) and now, I am still collecting some of newer ones which are out it the market.
Now who wouldn’t want to watch the Autobots and Decepticons slug it out once again on the silver screen!? Tomorrow, I will get the chance to watch it a day before the actual release date with my friends. Even though the reviews are not really good (38% on RottenTomatoes so far), its going to be a film which is hard to miss. Tickets for this movie has been almost sold out in most cinemas here in KL.
This is the synopsis for the movie from IMDB:
The battle for Earth has ended but the battle for the universe has just begun. After returning to Cybertron, Starscream assumes command of the Decepticons, and has decided to return to Earth with force. The Autobots believing that peace was possible finds out that Megatron’s dead body has been stolen from the US Military by Skorpinox and revives him using his own spark. Now Megatron is back seeking revenge and with Starscream and more Decepticon reinforcements on the way, the Autobots with reinforcements of their own, may have more to deal with then meets the eye.
Here are some excerpts from some reviews that have already been made. The movie have already been screened in Europe, Australia and Japan by the way:
The good reviews:
- In terms of explosions, firepower and sheer shrill, all-action, popcorn entertainment it is hard to see how this big’n’bold sequel can be topped this year. Mark Adams – Sunday Mirror [UK]
- This thunderously noisy celebration of the Hasbro toy ticks all the right boxes with the fanboys…the rest of us might suffer metal fatigue. Tim Evans – Sky Movies
- Like the original, the film is a giant frenetic spectacle that worships excess. Louise Keller – Urban Cinefile
- While it would be hard to make a case for ‘Revenge of the Fallen’ as ‘good’ in any normal sense of the word, it possesses such brute force that the viewer is left with two options: surrender, or suffer in silence. Tom Huddlestone – Time Out
The bad reviews:
- A lot of people put a great deal of effort into this movie to create great effects and exciting action but the whole thing is led by a man who directs by numbers. Paul Byrnes – Sydney Morning Herald
- Revenge Of The Fallen isn’t only louder than Transformers, however. It’s longer, it’s more explosive, it’s more directionless, it’s all the proof you’ll ever need that more really isn’t always more. Richard Luck – Channel 4 Film
- Revenge of the Fallen is just like Transformers 1, only longer, and that makes it even more boring. Chris Laverty – Mansized
- Spectacular and totally meaningless, like a video game transposed to the big screen and worked by a maniacal enthusiast. Derek Malcolm – This is London
So there you have it. If you have enjoyed the 1st Transformers movie and want MORE Transformers, looks like your wish have been granted. If you are a person who is expecting a good story, well who cares!? This is Transformers we are talking about! We just want transforming robots, cool cars, hot babes (Megan Fox) and never seen before action sequences! Will write a review on the movie tomorrow once I have watched it. 😀